Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

Pinterest Trends...

Hola Friends!!

In a meeting to plan future wellness events the topic of West Coast Trends came up.  Apparently Acai Bowls are all the rage in California these days...this lead me to hitting Pinterest where I discovered not only Acai Bowls but Smoothie Bowls in general... O...M....G....  I have a new obsession.  These little babies are Awesome!!

My recipe is:
Smoothie:
1 C. Unsweet Vanilla Almond Milk (I like Silk)
1 tbsp unsweet Dark Cocoa Powder
1/2 Banana (previously frozen)
1 tsp Honey
1 tsp natural chunky Peanut Butter
2 C. Baby Spinach or Baby Kale
Ice to texture
BLEND to smooth

Pour smoothie in bowl and add toppings :)  I like: Blueberries, Kind Granola, half a banana and sliced almonds :)  YUM!

I have actually started having this before I head to aerobics so I'm not hungry but there isn't anything too heavy on my stomach (I almost puked the 2nd week of class) :/  hehe

I don't know about you but once I start to pinterest it is hard to stop!!  During my smoothie bowl adventure, I stumbled upon Salads in a JAR!!!  BRILLIANT!  This inspired:   http://www.theyummylife.com/Quinoa_Salad_In_A_Jar.  Then I went crazy...

Last weeks was:


From Bottom to Top: Lemon Vinaigrette (fresh lemon juice, zest, EVOO, S&P and Honey), Yellow Peppers, Cucumbers, Quinoa, Goat Cheese crumbles, Beets and Field greens.

This week I made these:


From Bottom to top: Balsamic Vinaigrette (Balsamic vinegar, EVOO and a little honey), Shredded Chicken, Black Beans and Corn, Red Peppers, Avocado, Fresh Cilantro and Baby Kale.

I ended up having to work from home this afternoon so I had one of these little babies from here and it was so amazingly fresh and delicious.  The cilantro really made it GREAT!  I realized that adding chicken made it a meal but last weeks salads were really good as a little snack :)

My advice...reach outside of your box and try something new...Pinterest is a great place to start!
TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment